Shipping to COMC
Let COMC do the work to get your collectibles online. All you need to do is set asking prices and respond to offers. When items sell, your account is instantly credited for 100% of the sale price. We'll even take care of shipping and payment processing.
Processing Times and Rates
See Selling Rates for details on all of the processing services we currently offer.
We currently accept the following collectibles for consignment:
- Sports Cards
- Trading Cards
- Gaming Cards
Supported Grading Services
If you consign cards from a grading service not listed above, we will label them ENCASED and list them alongside non-graded cards. Both supported and unsupported graded cards use the same processing and shipping rates. See Selling Rates for details.
DO NOT send us any of the following:
If you send us any items listed below, we will send them back to you.
- Unopened packs
- Unopened boxes
- Factory sealed complete sets
- In the future we will add support for lots and sets, but we still plan to scan every
card in the lot or set. We don't currently have plans to support factory sealed
- We accept memorabilia cards, but we don't currently support pennants, plaques, jerseys,
- Cards not worth putting on the site
- Our rule of thumb is that we try to make our service cost effective for cards that sell for
$1 or more. However, many cards worth less than $1 may still be worth putting
on the site (e.g. vintage commons and commons from newly released products). We use
our discretion and return cards that might not be worth going through the system.
Typically we only do this when we receive large lots or cards that are primarily
commons from the 1980's and 1990's.
- Damaged cards
- The condition of a card can significantly affect its value. We try to weed out cards
buyers might not be happy with. Normal wear for vintage cards may be fine,
but we will return creased or wrinkled cards. We occasionally make exceptions for
vintage cards that still hold significant value, and in these cases we will take
the time to document the flaws that may not appear in the scan. Buyer satisfaction
is guaranteed. If a customer is not satisfied with the condition of the card, it
may be returned to you.
- Altered cards
- Cards that have been trimmed, doctored, or otherwise altered will not be allowed
on the site.
- Counterfeit & Fake cards
- Selling through COMC is not like selling through other websites. We police the items for sale on our site to ensure the safety
of our buyers. It is illegal to intentionally sell counterfeit or fake cards as
if they are authentic. If you send us any card that has known counterfeits or we
are not certain of its authenticity, we will have the card reviewed by a third party.
If the item is found to be counterfeit, we may have to keep it as evidence. If you
were intentionally trying to defraud a potential buyer, we will report it
to the authorities.
We reserve the right to reject any card for any reason. If you consign items we are unable to process, we will return them to you at no cost and will not charge a processing fee for those items. Declined cards are returned quarterly or can be bundled in with any shipment you place, whichever comes first. Declined cards may also be mailed out at your request.
Occasionally a customer will return an item to us. We reserve the right to reverse transactions on these items and return cards to seller’s accounts. If we determine COMC is responsible for damaging a returned item, we will not reverse the transaction. Sellers will be notified of any order reversals by email.
You are responsible for making sure your cards arrive safely.
Assume your package will be tossed around while in transit. Please use one
of the following techniques for packing the cards.
- Cardboard boxes - Place raw cards directly in cardboard boxes and insert the box into a larger box with newspaper
or other padding.
COMC Recommends: Stop by your local post office and pick up a
flat rate box. The boxes are free and work great as
the outer box. Postage is about $10-$15 per box. You can easily fit 500-2,000 cards
in a box.
- Penny sleeves & cardboard boxes - Protect raw cards with penny sleeves and place them into a 100-400 count cardboard box. If you use multiple boxes or boxes larger than 400 count, you MUST pack them into a larger box and cushion with newspaper or other padding.
- 2-Piece slider boxes - Place raw cards directly into 2-piece slider boxes, tape the slider boxes shut, then pack
them in a larger box with newspaper or other padding.
If cards are shipped to us in toploaders or other hard cases, we charge 5¢ per card for removal from their holders. Penny sleeves are removed at no extra charge.
You are welcome to use any shipper you would like, but we require some form of tracking
number or delivery confirmation.
Visit Submit Items to create a consignment submission.