Selling Your Items on This Site
We charge an upfront processing fee per item. Check our fees page
for our current prices.
We do all the work to list the items online. You simply set the asking prices and
respond to offers. When the items sell, we do all the shipping and payment processing,
and we credit your account for 100% of the sale price. You can use that store credit
do any of the following.
Expected wait time for processing items
Wait times vary from one day to one month depending on the processing service selected.
See the fees page for details on all of the processing services currently offered.
Items you can sell on this site
We support any singles that can be found in Beckett's online price guide.
We now support graded, encased, and jumbo cards. The shipping and processing fees
for these cards are listed on the fees page.
Learn more about our graded card support
Items we do not support on the site
DO NOT send us any of the following.
If you send us any items listed below, we will send them back to you.
- Unopened packs
- Unopened boxes
- Factory sealed complete sets
- In the future we will add support for lots and sets, but we still plan to scan every
card in the lot or set. We don't currently have plans to support factory sealed
- Cards not listed on the Beckett website
- Unlicensed or oddball cards not listed in Beckett
- Filler cards not listed in Beckett
- Autographs not listed in Beckett
- If a card was autographed after it was pulled from a pack, we don't have a way to
do authentication. So we won't sell the card. If it came autographed in a pack and
is listed in Beckett's online price guide, that is fine. Those cards are great on
- Memorabilia cards are fine, but we don't currently support pennants, plaques, jerseys,
- Cards not worth putting on the site
- Our rule of thumb is that we try to make our service cost effective for cards worth
$1 or more. There are many cards worth less than $1 that might still be worth putting
on the site (e.g. vintage commons and commons from the current year). We may use
our discretion and return cards that might not be worth going through the system.
Typically we only do this when we receive large lots or cards that are primarily
commons from the 1980's and 1990's.
- We do not recommend that you bother looking up every single cards value before sending
the cards to us. That is very time consuming, and that is one of the services that
we provide as part of processing your cards.
- If you want to look up some prices before sending cards to us, we recommend Beckett's online price
guide. For about $6 you can get a one month subscription, and it lists all of
the cards that we support on the site.
- Damaged cards
- The condition of a card can significantly affect its value. We try to weed out cards
that buyers might not be happy with. Normal wear for vintage cards may be fine,
but creases or wrinkles will not be allowed. We occasionally make exceptions for
vintage cards that still have significant value, and in these cases we will take
the time to document the flaws that may not appear in the scan. There is a
25¢ fee for each item that
requires condition notes. Buyer satisfaction
is guaranteed. If a customer is not satisfied with the condition of the card, it
may get returned to you.
- Altered cards
- Cards that have been trimmed, doctored, or otherwise altered will not be allowed
on the site.
- Counterfeit & Fake cards
- Selling through us is not like selling through eBay or other websites. We actually
police the items for sale on our site. This is part of the way that we make it safe
for our buyers. It is illegal to intentionally sell counterfeit or fake cards as
if they are authentic. If you send us any card that has known counterfeits or we
are not certain of its authenticity, we will have the card reviewed by a third party.
If the item is found to be counterfeit, we may have to keep it as evidence. If you
were intentionally trying to defraud a potential buyer we will have to report it
to the authorities.
We reserve the right to decline to process any card for any reason. If you send us cards for consignment that we are not able to process, those cards will be returned to you at no cost and you will not be charged a processing fee for any declined card. Declined cards are returned quarterly or can be bundled in with any shipment you place, whichever happens first. Declined cards can also be mailed out at your request.
Occasionally a customer will return an item to us. We reserve the right to reverse transactions on these items and return cards to seller’s accounts. If we determine that COMC is responsible for damaging a returned item, we will not reverse the transaction. Sellers will be notified of any order reversals by email.
You are responsible for making sure that your cards arrive safely.
Assume that your package will be tossed around while in transit. Please use one
of the following techniques for packing the cards.
- Cardboard boxes - Put the raw cards directly in cardboard boxes, and then put them in a larger box with newspaper
or some other form of padding to cushion them.
Recommendation: Stop by your local post office and picking up a
flat rate box. The boxes are free, and they work great as
the outer box. Postage is about $10-$15 per box. You can easily fit 500-2,000 cards
in a box.
- Penny sleeves & cardboard boxes - Put the cards in penny sleeves and then in a 100-400 count cardboard box. If you use boxes larger than 400 count or
if you use more than one box, you MUST put the boxes in a larger box and cushion
the box with newspaper or some other padding.
- 2 Piece Slider Boxes - Put the raw cards directly in 2 piece slider boxes, tape the slider boxes shut, and then put
them in a larger box with newspaper or some other form of padding to cushion them.
If cards are shipped to us in toploaders or other hard cases, we charge 5¢ per card for removing the cards from their holders. We don't charge anything for removing cards from penny sleeves.
You are welcome to use any shipper you would like, but we require some form of tracking
number or delivery confirmation.
Where to ship
Visit our Add Cards page to get our shipping
address and to notify us that a package is on its way.